Châteaux de la Loire
With our partner To Be Erasmus in Paris
With this weekend away to the Châteaux de la Loire, come and discover France’s Renaissance history!
Programme Of Events:
Follow the traces of François I, the king of the French Renaissance. From 1515 to 1547, he fought his adversary Charles Quint and established French as the national language. Indeed, he was passionate about architecture and left us the châteaux Chambord and Fontainebleu. These two monuments are full of secrets and mysteries as the history of these Châteaux de la Loire is intimately linked with that of the kings of France.
They were largely constructed during the Renaissance (end of the XVth century and the XVIth century), during which period the kings of France spent a lot of time in the region. The châteaux are world-famous. But the most well-known are Chambord, Chenonceau, Azay le Rideau, Blois, Amboise, Cheverny, Chaumont, Villandry, Langeais, Ussé, Saumur, Montsoreau and Loches.
On the first day, you’ll depart from Paris to Fontainebleau and Chambord with the château visit. Then, you will make your way to the town of Tours. In the evening, the group will check-in to a hotel and have dinner and something to drink in one of the many bars in the Place Plumereau.
After your night in Tours, you’ll head to Azay le Rideau and visit its château. You’ll end the day at Amboise with a visit to a wine-cellar for some tasting, then there’s some free time where you have the choice of visiting the château d’Amboise or the Clos du Lucé (Château de Léonard de Vinci) or even exploring the town. It’s up to you! Return to Paris at around 21h00.
- Departure : Saturday 16th February, 2019 at 9 am.
- Arrival back in Paris : Sunday 17th February, 2019 at 9 pm
- Place of departure: Place de la porte Maillot, 75016 Paris. Arrive at least 20 minutes before departure!
- Duration: 2 days, 1 night
- Included : transport, accomodation with breakfast, residency taxes, Tours, visit to a wine cellar, programme, guide, and visits to Châteaux de Fontainebleau, Chambord et Azay le Rideau .
- Not included : Lunch, the Saturday night outing and personal expenses.
To find out more and sign up, you can visit our partner’s website.