Home » Life in France »
Jardinière de Légumes
French Recipe: Jardinière De Légumes D’automne
The jardinière is a French dish composed of a medley of fresh vegetables, typically served in Spring. But there are several variations of this recipe and an equally delicious meal can be prepared with autumn vegetables. This is a light recipe but can make a generous sharing portion too:
Ingredients For The Jardiniere De Legumes D’automne
- 3 leeks
- 3 carrots
- 300g pumpkin skin
- 100g potatoes
- 150g parsnips
- 150g celery
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- On a high heat, fry the diced onion in a saucepan with the olive oil. Add the crushed garlic, followed by the sliced leeks.
- Peel the carrots and slice into small circles. Add to the pan, along with the parsnips, celery and diced potatoes.
- Before adding each new ingredient, be sure to keep stirring the pan. The last ingredient to add is the sliced pumpkin skin as it will soon dissolve.
- Add salt and pepper, followed by 250ml water. Leave to cook for approximately fifteen minutes on a medium heat.
This autumnal casserole allows you to appreciate the flavours and textures of the vegetables, as they often retain some of their delicious crunch!
Bon appétit !