English Speaking Jobs in Montpellier
Discover our English Teaching Jobs in Montpellier. Become an English Instructor without teaching credentials!
Montpellier, situated midway between Spain and Italy, is one of the cities most loved by the French. With its narrow streets and sunny little squares, its international festivals and student festivities, Montpellier has much to offer. The city has been known as a trading centre, as a cultural hotspot and as an industrial zone. Education has played a significant role in the city’s history as the University of Montpellier was founded in 1160, making it one of the oldest in the world.
The Place de la Comédie is the unique centre of Montpellier. The imposing building at one end of the square is the city’s Opera, and there are many quaint cafés and cinemas lining the sides. The St Pierre Cathedral is Montpellier’s most important Gothic building, situated right in the middle of the old town. This church boasts beautiful glass windows and a stunning organ built in wood and gold, along with a spectacular altar. It was founded in 1364, although it was only declared a cathedral in the sixteenth century.
Every summer in July, Montpellier opens its closed doors and gardens to over a hundred concerts, ranging from operas, symphonic concerts and chamber music to recitals by young virtuosos and jazz musicians. With events taking place every day in the courtyards and gardens of various historic monuments, the public is invited to enjoy music across the entire city. During the rest of the year, a rich cultural season fills the city with even more events including its International Dance Festival created in 1981.
PART-time JOBS IN MONTPELLIER FOR ENGLISH SPEAKERS – STUDENTS – eXPATS
Choose a fun job to do in Montpellier! Discover France in a different way.
If you are looking for a part-time job in Montpellier and want to live a truly unforgettable experience in the city, you may want to consider working with children and choosing a fun job!
Babylangues is a dynamic and international company always on the lookout for new talent!
The job as a Babylangues Instructor involves:
- Working with children and sharing with them a language and culture
- Being trained in Babylangues’ unique methodology
- Acquiring skills and discovering a new way of teaching
- A better understanding of French culture by meeting French families
- Previous work experience with children is required
- Native English or native level
- No French, no teaching credentials required
- Arts or sports skills would be a plus
TYPICAL SALARY IN Montpellier
- Typically €16.50 net/hour (21.50 before tax) for qualified teaching sessions (1h30).
- Typically €10 net/hour (12.30 before tax) for after-school sessions (min 2h).