Soupe de potimarron
French Recipe: Soupe de Potimarron
As the evenings start to draw in, what better than to come home to this seasonal favourite. This particular variety of winter squash is characterised by its thick, pink coloured skin and is the perfect recipe to keep you warm during the months ahead.
Ingredients (serves four people)
- 1 red kuri squash (potimarron in French) between 2kg and 3kg
- 100g grated Parmesan
- 4 tablespoons of thick crème fraîche (15 percent or more)
- Salt and pepper
- Parsley (for garnish)
- Wash the squash before peeling it. Cut the squash in two and remove the seeds. Then cut into small pieces.
- Put the chopped squash into a large pan and cover with water, add salt and leave for fifteen minutes to cook.
- Take the pan off the heat and stir. Add the crème fraîche and pepper. Mix again until the mixture thickens sufficiently.
- To finish, serve warm and add Parmesan to taste. For better presentation, add a parsley leaf before serving.